Sunday, September 20, 2009

review: Boulevard - Long Strange Tripel



Style: Tripel
ABV: 9.00%

I've been looking forward to trying something from Boulevard for a long time, and awesome trader BuckeyeNation hooked me up bigtime with a few different bottles. At first I wonder which way this tripel will go, an authentic Belgian way, or the messy American way with a little bit of everything thrown in.

Pours toasty-golden, big poofy head, nice and fluffy, awesome lacing left. Just like a tripel should look like. Smells slightly musty, with some sweetness coming through over it. Little bit of spicing evident. Upon first sip, I know we have a winner. It's slightly sweet, but balanced by a good bit of dryness. Nothing like Golden Monkey (although I do love me some Monkey) and a sweet barrage of everything but the kitchen sink right off the bat. Little bit of spicing, but nothing overpowering. Kind of bready, reminds me of cookies, almost. I'm doing a really bad job doing it justice, save that is very very good. Very ephervescent in mouthfeel, silky smooth texture, can't stop drinking it. Just awesome.

A: 4/5
S: 12.5/15
T: 43/50
M: 12/15
D: 14/15

Total: 85.5%

No comments:

Post a Comment